Excelsteel 18/10 Stainless 6 Non Stick Egg Poacher

  • Constructed in stainless steel for durability
  • Stay cool handle
  • Easy to clean
  • Dishwasher safe
  • Nonstick coated egg cups for easy extraction of eggs

Works great! I have been using this almost every weekend for a year and it has held up perfectly. Very easy to use, just add water and cook. You'll get the hang of how done you prefer your eggs, I prefer a runny yolk, which means the top should not be solid/have some movement, then my eggs are done. Easy to clean up also, the teflon hasn't deteriorated at all. Definitely recommend for poached eggs, works great. Update: Bought a second one of these for the fifth wheel. My wife and I are still eating eggs and grits for breakfast almost every weekend, can't live without this!

I'm pretty picky about what I buy, and am more than happy with my decision here. This poacher was designed with real thought. All parts are above-standard durability, without being excessively heavy. It has a nice feel with a sturdy weight. The glass lid is excellent to see your eggs cook, and the vent in the lid helps to reduce (not eliminate, but reduce) the steam sweat that cheaper poachers cause to drop water into your cooking eggs. The cups are very impressive in their construction! Amply heavy stainless steel, coated inside the cooking cup with thick teflon, and the suspender rings are strongly attached all the way around, as well as impressively heavy material to prevent bending over time as you pick them up. The pan could be a little thicker, just to make me smile more, but it's more than sturdy for its purpose. You won't want to use it for any purpose other than poaching, but is certainly heavier than the average poaching pan you'd find at higher prices. It's thick and heavy enough to comfortably use to heat sauce, but you certainly wouldn't fry or seer anything in it. The only thing that I would change if I designed this myself would be making the pan thick and heavy enough to have it usable as a frying pan. I'd happily pay $10 more than my purchase price for that. Even with that said, the pan as-is is still heavier and more durable than low-end frying pans that you'd find at discount stores.

I was honestly surprised at how heavy this was. I expected normal heaviness and for the price I assumed it would not be necessarily made well. It is though and I am very happy about that. All of the little cups come out of the pan and so they can be washed separately. The egg cups are rounded bottoms and so the eggs tend to have more of a rounded shape coming out, but for benedicts, which is why I bought it, it works well. If in the event egg gets all over the cup holder, there is a handle that makes it lift easily.

Wanted a poacher to replace the one I have used for years. Found this one with a Google search on Amazon and am delighted with it. Was concerned that a six-egg poacher might be unwieldy after the four-egg one I had; but no problem at all; and allows me to serve more people when they're around for breakfast. Good deal!

We've had this 6-egg poacher for about 4 weeks now and have used it several times. There really aren't many options on the market for poaching so many eggs at one time, which is definitely important when you're a family of three who would like to all eat together with everyone's food being warm. I read all of the reviews before buying it and will say that other reviews indicating the quality was poor made me cautious. But, ultimately we decided we weren't willing to spend about $200 for the only other poacher that would have done the job in the same quantity. The pan's metal is very light-weight, but it works just fine. I didn't buy the pan to use for multiple purposes, so we just save it for poaching and it both functions well and is wearing nicely. The egg cups and the holder they go into are all of decent quality, in our opinion. The most important element, the correct poaching of the eggs, happens reliably and easily. We find the non-stick finish on the egg cups to work well; we do spray them with olive oil cooking spray to help it along. I don't know if we've ever tried not spraying them first (hubby tends to cook the eggs). Overall we are pleased with this purchase, would buy it again, and didn't spend so much that we'll be particularly disappointed when we wear it out and have to replace it. I wouldn't anticipate this happening for at least a couple of years, but point being it was affordable enough to use it for what we need and replace it when it's time.

I wanted to address some of the complaints in other reviews. 1. “Lid Doesn’t Fit Well”. Turn the handles of the individual cups towards the hole in the tray. The lip faces down. The lid will fit. 2. “Non-stick Issue”. Take a small baking spatula and go around a portion of the egg. It will slide out. Also use oil or butter to begin with. 3. “Cups are hard to remove”. See picture in my review. Lift the tray by the handle and place on surface of stove. The cups will pop up, and they’re easy to remove.

I see other reviewers have said "low quality" and I have to disagree with that. The pan itself is actually really decent. Here's the breakdown. Overall, the whole pan is quite heavy and therefore sturdy. The lid is a good quality and solid with weight to it. The egg cups themselves, are solid, non-stick and also have decent weight so as to make them non-flimsy. The bottom stainless steel, is surprising light. This is why I believe others have had issues with quality, but really, all fits together so well, that the other parts compensate for this lightness. All in all, one of the better poachers I've seen. So buy with confidence.

Been looking for an egg poaching something to replace what we have been using for 15 years. Tried single cups, silicone things, pots of boiling water but nothing has made better eggs than this pan. Was going for the one that cooks 4 eggs but we always have more than 2 people for breakfast on Sundays. 6 eggs here and ready in minutes and easy to cook ( Really Easy ) suggest follow the directions

After the USPS finally decided to deliver this product, it is great. The failed delivery was NOT the fault of the shipper..it was with the USPS...but I have it and all is well. IT WAS DEFINATELY WORTH THE WAIT! This is the greatest egg poacher of all time in my opinion. It has 6 cups..but does 2 or 3 with the same perfection as it does 6. It is 18/10 stainless, and quite attractive....plus it works wonderful on my INDUCTION cook top. With this 18/10 stainless, and induction......it produces a perfect poached egg for me. Everyone is different, but a couple of try's and now I have it down to the second. The non stick cups are fabulous...the eggs come right out, in perfection condition. I simply crack 3 eggs....in the cups.... boil the water, (which on induction and this 18/10 stainless...takes about 90 seconds) set the timer for 4 minutes and 47 seconds...WALAH.... PERFECT POACHED EGGS....DONE MY WAY! I love this thing...its great....the manufacturer should be complimented for producing something of this quality for a reasonable price. To quote the Tiger: IT'S GRRRREAT !

Just bought this for a gift for my husband and he loves it. Hes been looking for the perfect pan for a while and finally decided on this one. You get the perfect egg each time. Very easy to use, very easy to clean and love that you can remove each egg separate. I like mine cooked a little more than his so each egg being independent is great option

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLRB Magnets Cubes, Magnetic Tiles for Kids Educational Toys Stress Relief Toy Puzzle Cubes Square Magnetic Building Blocks To Develops Intelligence

Daily Scorpio Horoscope August 27 (27/08)